Sunday, April 18, 2010

Crossroads Bar and Grill, Sands Township, Mich.



Crossroads Bar and Grill
900 County Road 480
Marquette, MI 49855
(906) 249-8912

When I was little, I liked chicken wings because of the wing dings they sold at my Grandma and Grandpa's bowling alley in Belleville, Mich. The name of the place is Lodge Lanes. There, I ate chickens wings every week. And then they'd take me to a restaurant called Red Apple, and that had the same kind. They were delicious.

Those wing dings come to mind as I think about the wings I just ate at the Crossroads Bar and Grill that my dad took me to earlier this year (I'm way behind on posts! Sorry!). They had great breading and a great taste. Alone they really stood out, and with a little Tabasco sauce they had a nice kick to them.

I've discovered, though, that breaded chicken wings can often be very dry if cooked too long. The cooks at the Crossroads must have been paying attention though because these ones were very juicy and tasty.

I'm not sure if it was the taste or that they reminded me of the first chicken wings I really liked, but I left the Crossroads feeling like I would definitely want to go back to eat their wings again.

While I didn't try them, there was an advertisement for other wings, too, which were supposed to be spicier. I just wasn't in the mood for hot wings that day or I would have reviewed them.

Overall, I liked the taste, the juiciness and the amount of wings I got at the Crossroads. If you prefer crunchy wings over naked wings or simply flour-rolled wings, then these ones will definitely be up your alley and you should give them a try.

FINAL SCORE: 8-out-of-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers