Tuesday, October 20, 2009

At Home Hot Wing Sauce Challenge #1











Sweet Baby Ray's Hot Wing Sauce
versus
Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce

My Kitchen
Marquette, MI

Every now and then I will be trying new hot wing sauces at home. My dad is the cook, making the chicken wings by rolling them in plain white flour and frying them in vegetable oil. The sauces that we use are then poured over the wings and they are coated completely.

This time I tried Frank's Hot Wing Sauce and Sweet Baby Ray's Hot Wing Sauce, both were purchased at our local Wal-Mart.

According to the Frank's Red Hot bottle, the company's hot sauce was used in the original recipe for Buffalo Wings in New York in 1964. My dad noted that their sauce coats well and pointed out it was lighter in color as compared to the Sweet Baby Ray's.

I was not a fan of the Sweet Baby Ray's sauce. I liked the spiciness of it, but there just wasn't something right about the taste.

The Frank's sauce, however, was awesome. It was good to eat and I nearly finished that side of the plate, leaving my dad with the other wings.

If I were to rate these sauces, I would give Sweet Baby Ray's 3 out of 10, while Frank's Red Hot gets a 7 out of 10.

CHALLENGE WINNER: Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. For an excellent wing sauce: 2 cups of Sweet Baby Rays original, 1 1/2 cups of Franks hot sauce; 1/4 lb of butter (1 stick). Cook until the butter melts. whisk and use. Adjust the Franks amount for hotter or cooler. Really Hot, add cayenne pepper powder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had tried the Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce before and I knew that it would be the winner. But its very good that you shared the comparison for the better understanding of the users.

    ReplyDelete

Followers