Saturday, April 30, 2011

Harold's Chicken


Harold's Chicken
1208 E 53rd Street
Chicago, IL 60615
Hyde Park Neighborhood
(773) 752-9260

Just like every kid, I really like not having to be in school--which is just one of the reasons why I like Spring Break.

Another reason is that my dad takes me on a small vacation every Spring Break. This year we went to Chicago to see some friends and go to the Field Museum and to the University of Chicago Oriental Institute.

We also had some chicken wings.

My future aunt, Jen, wanted us to try a place called Harold's, which is near the University of Chicago. She said it was not only good, but it was where President Barack Obama used to dine when he was just a local politician. That's why I wanted to go.

We ordered when we got there and my dad had to talk through a thick piece of glass and pick up the food through a weird revolving door. I ordered three chicken wings and they were really big. They weren't cut up, serving the whole wing, and they were breaded, which I normally don't like and, unfortunately, I didn't like it this time either. It was really salty.

The meat of the chicken was juicy at first, but if you let the chicken sit for too long (and I had to, because it was really hot when we got it) it dried out pretty bad.

And, if I haven't complained enough, their hot sauce was just a bit too hot for me, though it was very thick and dipped very well.

In the end, I liked some things about Harold's (it was cool that you got a slice of white bread with for each separate order) and there were things I really didn't like (I don't think most people eat in at Harold's--it wasn't very clean and not very eat-in friendly). So, in the end, I'm going to give Harold's a 6 out of 10. It's not my favorite, but I've had worse.

My dad said the chicken breast was juicy and great tasting and Kim liked the chicken nuggets. They said it was better than KFC. They both said it was real cheap, which they liked a lot.

If you try it, I hope you like it!

Final Rating: 6-of-10

2 comments:

  1. No I am not a chciken breast type person I prefer the thigh, drumsticks or wings. This does not looks better then KFC but I am willing to take your word for it. Enjoy the small things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are looking for Restaurant Food Suppliers & Distributors in Houston and San Antonio Texas, Katy, Cypress, Sugar land and Atlanta Georgia. At NorthBourne Foods we specialize and take great pride in our outstanding line of beef and chicken products. For years we have been a reliable supplier to a wide variety of restaurants, grocers (grocery stores), private and public schools, and other food related businesses. Call us with your order today on 713-973-9595.

    ReplyDelete

Followers